With stores in Kilkenny, Carlow and Waterford (Kelly and Dollard), ElectroCity is one of the largest independent electrical retailers in Ireland. Established in 1993, we now employ over 50 people across the south east and pride ourselves on the quality of products we sell and excellence of service we provide. Read more about us ›
Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all transactions processed by this site. Please read carefully and feel free to print a copy for reference.
- Pricing & content
- All prices are shown in € euro and include VAT but exclude any delivery and credit card transaction charges.
- We reserve the right to change any advertised prices at any time.
- The price you pay is the price displayed on this website at the time we receive your order, except in the instance where an error has occurred with the price shown on the website.
- Please note that prices may go up and down on a daily basis.
- When placing an order you are purchasing the item(s) at the price(s) shown at that time.
- Should a price subsequently change after your order is placed we are unable to adjust your order to the new price.
- We will inform you as soon as we can whereupon we will give you the option of amending your order at the correct price or cancelling it.
- If you cancel your order and it has not been dispatched we will give you a full refund.
- In the event that we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled.
- Potentially fraudulent order. Before shipping orders, we run a check to make sure they are legitimate. If the check fails, we may cancel your order.
- Incorrect pricing. Due to the sometimes volatile market for collectible products, sometimes there are major fluctuations in price. Therefore, we reserve the right to remove any item from any order and provide a full refund to the customer for that item.
- Non-Payment. If payment is not received within a reasonable amount of time after the order has been placed, we may cancel an order without notice.
- Payment can be made by most major credit or debit cards. We also accept paypal.
- We reserve the right to apply surcharges to payments made by credit cards to reflect the transaction charges levied by the respective credit card companies.
- Full payment for your goods is taken when a new order is created.
- We do not give out paper invoices. We will email an order summary to you if you have given us an email address.
- All products are subject to availability and may be changed at any time.
- If your order cannot be fulfilled you will be offered an alternative or given a full refund.
- If an order is received for a discontinued product we will automatically provide you with the up-to-date equivalent, providing it is available and the same price as the discontinued model. If this is not the case we will contact you.
- We deliver to any address in the Republic of Ireland. (See our delivery page for further information on pricing and delivery timeframes).
- Upon delivery a signature will be required.
- Delivery dates are estimated at all times and may be delayed without prior notice (e.g. due to sudden stock shortages, manufacturing delays, or delivery vehicle breakdowns), which is why we strongly advise all customers not to book fitters until they have received the relevant goods, as no claims will be accepted. We shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused by any delay in delivering goods.
- Customers will be notified by email to confirm when their order has been dispatched from our warehouse.
- Currently we do not offer the facility to book your own delivery timeslot as these are allocated by our transport partners’ automated route planning system.
- Someone must be present at the delivery address and able to accept the goods upon arrival of the delivery vehicle.
- You cancel the order after the point at which the goods have been loaded for delivery at our warehouse.
- You provide insufficient/incorrect contact details or an incorrect delivery address thereby resulting in our inability to contact you or otherwise make a successful delivery.
- You refuse delivery upon arrival of our delivery vehicle.
- There is no-one at the delivery address to accept delivery. You must ensure that you can be available all day on your chosen day of delivery.
- If your goods are damaged or faulty, we will replace the goods free of charge. However, if you do not want a replacement, delivery charges may be incurred to collect the item from you.
- Do not install any damaged items. This counts as acceptance of goods and the item is then non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Damaged goods must be reported within 48 hours of delivery.
- In the event that goods are received in a damaged state please retain the product together with any packaging and contact us within 48 hours of receipt with photographic evidence.
- In the case of an item being faulty we may require an inspection by a manufacturer’s qualified engineer to be carried out on the item in the location where it is installed. This is so the nature of the fault can be ascertained before we can arrange for a replacement.
- Do not install or use any unwanted items. This counts as acceptance of goods and the item is then non-returnable and non-refundable.
- You have a statutory right to return unopened goods up to 7 days after receiving your order (“the cooling off period”). If you are not ordering a replacement, a charge may be incurred to collect the item from you.
- You must notify us of your wish to cancel within 7 days, starting the day after delivery.
- You have the choice of returning the goods via your own means (to Electrocity Ltd, Ormonde Retail Park, Dublin Road, Kilkenny.), or requesting that we collect them.
- If you request collection, we will collect the goods on the next available date that one of our delivery vehicles is in your area.
- The goods received back are ‘as new’ but incomplete; i.e. missing components and/or accessories.
- The returned products are missing their original packaging.
- The cancellation was requested after the 7 day notification period.
- The goods you wish to return are in any condition other than ‘as new’.
- The goods have been installed and/or used.
- Cables have been cut or terminated.
- If requested we will collect old appliances for recycling on a like-for-like basis when we deliver your new item(s). We can take away your old appliance on delivery as long as it’s disconnected or you can bring it into any of our stores. We DO NOT charge for this service.
- We use An Post for delivery of small items. An Post do not offer an old appliance collection service but small appliances may be returned to any of our stores or to any WEEE Recycling Centres.
- Please ensure that all personal data held on computers etc is removed before being sent for recycling.
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) and waste batteries must never be placed in your waste disposal or recycling bins. WEEE is taken back free of charge at electrical retail outlets on a one-for-one like-for-like basis. There is a bin for small batteries in your local store.
- Local authority civic amenity facilities also take back WEEE and waste batteries free of charge. WEEE and waste battery recycling is free.
- We do not offer an installation service at present.
- All product information shown on the website is believed to be correct and accurate from the source material (i.e. manufacturer’s documentation). However we regret that we cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions.
- We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
- All items carry a minimum 12 months parts and labour guarantee issued by the manufacturer which is subject to provisions that the appliance:
- Has been used solely for domestic purposes and is on domestic premises; i.e. not for commercial or trade use.
- Has been used solely in accordance with the instruction book.
- Has not been subject to misuse, accident, modified or repaired by anyone other than the manufacturer’s service engineers.
- These are underwritten by Brightside Cover and administered by IC Frith & Associates.
- Refer to the warranty terms and conditions for further information.
- We will endeavour to take all possible reasonable care to keep all details of your order and payment secure. However in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorized access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering.
- Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation or is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect. You may not use our site to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware. You may not use our site to disseminate any unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive threatening, harmful, vulgar obscene or otherwise objectionable material.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged. You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- Information on our site is not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such information by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. Information contained on our site does not constitute an offer to sell goods or services.
- The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for: loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must not contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, offensive, inflammatory, distasteful, controversial, sexually explicit or which infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We take all complaints very seriously. If you have a cause for complaint then please contact us by emailing email@example.com or by writing to us at the address shown below.
Your Statutory Rights
None of the above affects your statutory rights as a consumer. We reserve the right to amend our terms and conditions clauses wherever consumer statutory rights are not affected.
Ormonde Retail Park,